Local firefighters rushed to extiniguish the flames that engulfed a residence early Tuesday morning.
First responders arrived at the corner of Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson around 5:30am and quickly got to work. Rio Grande City Police officer blocked off the area while firefighters worked. Unfortunetly the blaze consumed most of a mobile home. According to the owner it was sparked by a wire in the home. A couple that resided in the home were able to vacate before the fire spread. No injuries were reported.